Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Small goals

We usually spend vacations someplace other than home. The university is closed and John has the whole week off. And I had vacation time to use, so here we are. I usually start vacations with goals...places to visit, books to read, souvenirs to look for. I need to set some small goals for this week or I'll feel like it's time wasted. Go to the grocery store, clean our bedroom, get some crochet done. And find a chocolate fondue recipe to use on NYE. My mother-in-law gave me a small cookbook from the late '60s, "It's Fun to Fondue". The focus is primarily on cheese but there are three dessert fondues, followed by other dessert recipes. Check this one out.

Fruit Garnish A La Suisse
seasonal fruits (bananas, pineapple, peaches, pears)
ketchup
chopped almonds

Cube or dice fruits and combine. Season both for color and taste with ketchup. Garnish with almonds. Chill and serve.


Ketchup?!? I'm having a hard time imagining this one. I think I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment